Document Type : Regular Article
1 Razi University
2 Chemical Engineering Departement,Faculty of engineering, Razi University
In this work, the effect of the Si/Al ratio on the activity of zeolite supported bimetallic (Ni-Co) catalysts for Dry Reforming of Methane (DRM) has been studied. Samples are prepared with impregnation and sol-gel methods and then calcined at 550 °C for 2 h. The catalysts were characterized by XRD, XRF, FESEM, BET and TGA. All samples were tested in a micro reactor at three different temperatures (i.e. 700, 750, and 800 °C). Micro reactor test results showed that 800 °C was the proper temperature for DRM. The catalyst with 5 wt % of Ni and 2.5 wt % of Co supported on γ-Alumina have shown a higher H2/CO ratio than other samples. For the zeolite supported catalysts when Ni/Co=2/1, the surface area and pore volume decreased but the H2/CO ratio increased by increasing the Si/Al ratio. Reverse the Water Gas Shift (WGS) reaction was not very active when the catalyst and support showed a basic property. Also, the stability of the catalysts has been tested for 30h on stream.
- Wu, H., Liu, J., Liu, H. and He, D., “CO2 reforming of methane to syngas at high pressure over bi-component Ni-Co catalyst: The anti-carbon deposition and stability of catalyst”, Fuel, 235, 868 (2019).
- Moradi, Gh. R., Khezeli, F. and Hemmati, H., “Syngas production with dry reforming of methane over Ni/ZSM-5 catalysts”, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 33, 657 (2016).
- Abdulrasheed, A., Jalil, A. A., Gambo, Y., Ibrahim, M., Hambali, H. U. and Hamid, M. Y. S., “A review on catalyst development for dry reforming of methane to syngas: Recent advances”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 108, 175 (2019).
- Jang, W. -J., Shim, J. -O., Kim, H. -M., Yoo, S. -Y. and Roh, H. -S., “A review on dry reforming of methane in aspect of catalytic properties”, Catalysis Today, 324, 15 (2019).
- Baraj, E., Ciahotný, K. and Hlinčík, T., “The water gas shift reaction: Catalysts and reaction mechanism”, Fuel, 288, (2021).
- Papadopoulou, C., Matralis, H. and Verykios, X., “Utilization of biogas as a renewable carbon source: Dry reforming of methane”, Catalysis for alternative energy generation, Springer, New York, USA, p. 57 (2012).
- Navarro, R., Pawelec, B., Alvarez-Galván, M. C., Guil-Lopez, R., Al-Sayari, S. and Fierro, J., “Renewable syngas production via dry reforming of methane”, CO2: A valuable source of carbon Springer, London, UK, p.45 (2013).
- Theofanidis, S. -A., Pieterse, J. A., Poelman, H., Longo, A., Sabbe, M. K., Virginie, M., Detavernier, C., Marin, G. B. and Galvita, V. V., “Effect of Rh in Ni-based catalysts on sulfur impurities during methane reforming”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 267, (2020).
- Niu, J., Ran, J. and Chen, D., “Understanding the mechanism of CO2 reforming of methane to syngas on Ni@ Pt surface compared with Ni (1 1 1) and Pt (1 1 1)”, Applied Surface Science, 513, (2020).
- Egelske, B. T., Keels, J. M., Monnier, J. R. and Regalbuto, J. R., “An analysis of electroless deposition derived Ni-Pt catalysts for the dry reforming of methane”, Journal of Catalysis, 381, 374 (2020).
- Batebi, D., Abedini, R. and Mosayebi, A., “Combined steam and CO2 reforming of methane (CSCRM) over Ni–Pd/Al2O3 catalyst for syngas formation”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 45 (28), 14293 (2020).
- Zhou, H., Zhang, T., Sui, Z., Zhu, Y. -A., Han, C., Zhu, K. and Zhou, X., “A single source method to generate Ru-Ni-MgO catalysts for methane dry reforming and the kinetic effect of Ru on carbon deposition and gasification”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 233, 143 (2018).
- Sharifianjazi, F., Esmaeilkhanian, A., Bazli, L., Eskandarinezhad, S., Khaksar, S., Shafiee, P., Yusuf, M., Abdullah, B., Salahshour, P. and Sadeghi, F., “A review on recent advances in dry reforming of methane over Ni-and Co-based nanocatalysts”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, (2021).
- Bian, Z. and Kawi, S., “Highly carbon-resistant Ni–Co/SiO2 catalysts derived from phyllosilicates for dry reforming of methane”, Journal of CO2 Utilization, 18, 345 (2017).
- Aziz, M. A. A., Setiabudi, H. D., Teh, L. P., Asmadi, M., Matmin, J. and Wongsakulphasatch, S., “High‐performance bimetallic catalysts for low‐temperature carbon dioxide reforming of methane”, Chemical Engineering & Technology, 43 (4), 661 (2020).
- Wells, A. F., Structural inorganic chemistry, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, p. 489 (2012).
- Movasati, A., Alavi, S. M. and Mazloom, G., “Dry reforming of methane over CeO2-ZnAl2O4 supported Ni and Ni-Co nano-catalysts”, Fuel, 236, 1254 (2019).
- Sharifi, M., Rahmani, F. and Rahemi, N., “Reforming of biogas over Co-and Cu-promoted Ni/Al2O3-ZrO2 nanocatalyst synthesized via sequential impregnation method”, Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, 1 (1), 53 (2014).
- Holzwarth, U. and Gibson, N., “The Scherrer equation versus the 'Debye-Scherrer equation”, Nature Nanotechnology, 6 (9), 534 (2011).
- Moradi, G., Hemmati, H. and Rahmanzadeh, M., “Preparation of a LaNiO3/γ‐Al2O3 catalyst and its performance in dry reforming of methane”, Chemical Engineering & Technology, 36 (4), 575 (2013).
- Li, S., Li, J., Dong, M., Fan, S., Zhao, T., Wang, J. and Fan, W., “Strategies to control zeolite particle morphology”, Chemical Society Reviews, 48 (3), 885 (2019).
- Wang, Y., Ma, J., Ren, F., Du, J. and Li, R., “Hierarchical architectures of ZSM-5 nanocrystalline aggregates with particular catalysis for lager molecule reaction”, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 240, 22 (2017).
- Ni, Y., Sun, A., Wu, X., Hai, G., Hu, J., Li, T. and Li, G., “Facile synthesis of hierarchical nanocrystalline ZSM-5 zeolite under mild conditions and its catalytic performance”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 361 (2), 521 (2011).
- Estephane, J., Aouad, S., Hany, S., El Khoury, B., Gennequin, C., El Zakhem, H., El Nakat, J., Aboukaïs, A. and Abi Aad, E., “CO2 reforming of methane over Ni–Co/ZSM5 catalysts. Aging and carbon deposition study”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (30), 9201 (2015).